Microneedling with SkinPen in NYC for treating wrinkles, hyper pigmentation and scars.
Microneedling, also known as collagen induction therapy, is a minimally invasive treatment to promote skin rejuvenation. Micro needling applies a device with precise and define needs which create miniscule punctures into the top layer of the skin. This triggers the body to produce new collagen and elastin for an overall youthful aesthetic. Lucy Peters offers micro-needling in NYC to treat wrinkles, hyper pigmentation and scars.
Micro-needling is one of the most highly accredited methods of treatment for a total beauty revival of one’s skin.
Although skin needling is nothing new, it has been a common practice in Europe for decades, the latest advancement to automated needling is what has sparked its recent revolution. Schedule your no-obligation micro needling consultation in NYC today with Lucy Peters by calling (212) 486-9740 or fill out our contact form to receive additional information.
How Does Micro Needling Work?
Micro needling is based on the skin’s natural ability to self-repair after a laceration, cut, or wound occurs. By creating microscopic pinpoints, the body responds with the restoration of new elastin and collagen.
Micro Needling Treatment is:
- Successfully administered on all skin types and colors
Selected Areas for Micro-Needling
- Body (including fragile skin)
Micro-needling can even treat those highly sensitive areas not proper for peeling or laser resurfacing techniques like:
- Around the eyes
The Microneedling Procedure
Most commonly used is a device called the SkinPen, which a handheld battery-powered pen which contains 12-tiny needle, sterile cartridges for the injections. The needles are implemented by predetermined depths for piercing the skin. The pen is transferred quickly and efficiently across your skin- unlike more traditional injectables. Treatments may take up somewhere between 10 to 15 minutes.
Depending on the various results you may want to achieve.
- Shorter needle penetration can enhance product penetration and smooth superficial skin.
- Longer needle penetration can be used to create collagen response more deeply such as when treating acne scars.
Schedule your micro needling appointment in NYC today with Lucy Peters!
Micro needling is best used to treat the following skin conditions:
- Sluggish skin
- Acne Scarring (usually combined with laser for prominent scarring)
- Trauma Scars
- Accumulated photo damage wrinkles and roughness
Micro-needling is not painful
Micro needling may be slightly uncomfortable with depths needed for scar revision, but level of discomfort is managed extremely easy with topical numbing gel applied directly to the surface of the skin prior to beginning. Lighter treatments have been typically compared to a similar feeling as if brushing sandpaper across the skin.
How quickly will micro needling work?
Micro needling is not necessarily considered an aggressive treatment. It may require several treatments over the course of a 3 to 6 month period for the desired, expected results. Results are cumulative. A commitment to more than one treatment is suggested for optimal outcomes.
*Acne Scar patients are recommended to by subjected 6 to 8 treatments – fewer when combined with laser.
Recovery of skin post treatment:
Light treatment levels:
- May feel as though your skin is warm or hot – and sensitive.
- Light superficial treatments leave the skin red for a day or two.
More progressive levels:
- Treatments aimed at changing the skin at deeper planes as in acne scarring may experience some swelling, pinpoint bleeding (stops almost immediately)and what is called “bronzing” as the tiny pinpoints dry and then slough off.
- Skin may also feel tight.
- Skin will be more sun and product sensitive.
- Gentle washes to avoid discomfort.
- Don’t “pick” at any areas that feel like sand granules to avoid potential damage.
Why would I choose micro needling over laser?
Generally the more common use of micro needling is to augment laser or other fractional resurfacing.
However, patients who have high pigment skin don’t want the risk of heat-induced pigmentation so needling is an alternative chosen treatment to deliver exceptional results.
Learn more about microneedling in NYC to treat wrinkles, hyper pigmentation and scars. by calling us at (212) 486-9740. You may also use our contact form to receive additional information about our micro-needling. Our office is conveniently located near 150 East 58th St. New York, NY 10155.